Potato-tuna patties

If you like fish, this recipe is for you!

I posted a lot of recipes on my old blog but when I deleted my blog, I deleted the recipes from my laptop and external hard drive as well. Silly me... However, one of my lessons was cancelled the other day, so I took advantage of the extra time and started to declutter the bookcase in the kitchen. Yes. A bookcase in the kitchen. Because if you are a philologist, you have books all over your home.

So while I was going through old cooking magazines, notebooks and whatnot, I found an 8-year-old notebook full of recipes and this tuna patties recipe was one of the first ones. I haven't cooked it in years, so it was time...

Ingredients:

- 300 g potatoes, cut to 2 cm cubes

- 185 g canned tuna

- 1 small onion, chopped

- 1 large egg

- 200 g breadcrumbs (you might need more depending on the moisture of the other ingredients)

- zest from half a lemon

- 1 Tbsp chives, finely chopped

- salt and pepper to taste (I use freshly cracked four-colour pepper)

- oil for frying

Put the potatoes in a cooking pot and add some water, just enough to cover them. Cook them for 25-30 minutes until tender. Drain and mash them. Let them cool.

Once they are cooled (cool enough to handle them with bare hands), add the tuna, egg, salt, pepper, chives, lemon zest and breadcrumbs. Give them a thorough mix. Add some more breadcrumbs if necessary. You should be able to shape it.

Shape it into patties with damp hands and fry them in hot oil until golden brown.

I served them with rice, tomatoes, cucumber and Ceasar dressing.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts